5 Tips to Keep Your House Cool This Summer
- Fans and ceiling fans can make a room feel 6 or 7 degrees cooler
- Install white window shades, drapes or blinds to reflect heat away from the house.
- Turn off appliances, electronics and lights when not in use. Avoid cooking and baking mid-day.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents, they use a fifth the energy and heat.
- Add insulation to your attic. Upgrading from 3 inches to 12 inches can cut cooling costs by 10%.
I got these tips from RisMedia. The original article is here.
Here's a bonus tip I'm throwing in because it works awesome for me:
Install awnings or EXTERIOR shade screens. I installed a product called SunShade by Suntex, but there are others out there. It's an exterior mount screen that blocks 60-80% of the heat, but still allows light to enter the house and you can still see out. It significanly reduced the amount of heat entering the house and how long I had to run the Air Conditioner.
If you have excellent credit and will be buying a $300,000-$800,000 home within 90 days and would like an agent who will work exclusively for you, make sure you get an Agent on YOUR side of the transaction! Make sure you hire an E B A!
Call us at (801) 969-8989 or contact us via the link on this page.
©2010 Homebuyer Representation, Inc. - "The Real Estate Agents on the Buyer's Side" TM - Salt Lake City, UT
Exclusive Buyers Agents (EBA) - All Rights Reserved
Exclusive Buyer's Agents do not list homes for sale and never represent Sellers. They have no "inventory" to try and push on you. They can represent you in purchasing any home. They are specialists at representing Buyers ONLY on the Buyer's side of the transaction. Exclusive Buyer's Agents work to get BUYERS the Best Price and Terms when they Buy a home...